Spring is in the Air, is your Air Conditioner Ready?
With the beginning of spring just months away, it's about time to fire up the air conditioner for the first time this year, but is it going to be ready to provide you with the cooling effect you'll need? An AC tune up is a great way to prepare your home's air conditioner for the summer ahead, as running into the season cold could leave you sweating.
During an AC tune up an HVAC technician will complete a variety of services to ensure your home's air conditioner is ready for action. This may include checking refrigerant levels, inspecting for signs of wear, checking the health of the fan motor and calibrating the thermostat, among other tasks.
Why Should I get an AC Tune Up?
There are numerous reasons to get an air conditioner tune up prior to the beginning of summer, but primarily it will increase efficiency and decrease costs. Let's dive in a little deeper.
- Prep your AC - The ultimate goal of an AC tune up is to prepare the unit for the spring and summer to decrease the chances of break down.
- Maintenance is Cheaper than Repairs - It's important to note that an AC repair will almost always be more expensive than general maintenance. It's the same principle that applies to caring for your car.
- Keep Warranty Valid - If your unit is under warranty it will most likely need to be serviced annually to keep the warranty valid.
- Increase AC Lifespan - A well cared for unit is going to last a lot longer overall compared to one that is neglected of routine maintenance.
- Increase Efficiency - Ultimately, your AC system will simply run at higher efficiency than if you do not service it. This means you will get colder, fresher air and pay less in energy costs.
An AC tune up is a great way to prepare your home for summer! If you are interested in getting an AC tune up in Salt Lake City or the surrounding Utah neighborhoods, reach out to Comfort Champions. Our commercial and residential HVAC techs would be glad to help! To learn more, or to request an appointment for HVAC service in Salt Lake City, give us a call at (801) 448-0649 today.